YEAR TWO ART LESSON PLAN 2020-2021
Art Materials List (to be used every year)
1) SKETCHBOOK-Students will be shown and told which one to get in class on the first day
2) Pencils (MUST have a couple of 2B pencils and choose two more from 3B to 8B, e.g. one 4B and one 7B pencil)
3) One Normal and One Kneadable/Putty Eraser
4) 30cm CLEAR Plastic Ruler
6) Watercolour/Aquarelle Pencils (can be used both dry and wet)
7) Black Fibre Tip Pens (two different sizes, e.g. 0.3 and 0.8
8) ACRYLIC PAINTS: COLOURS NEEDED are Titanium White, Mars Black, Cadmium Red (Medium Hue if given the option) , Cadmium Yellow (again, Medium Hue if given the option), Yellow Ochre, Ultramarine Blue, Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna
OPTIONAL COLOURS: Orange, Green, Lemon Yellow, Violet/Purple, Magenta
9) Brushes: various sizes, will need 3 Round tip and 2 Flat tip
11) Rigid Plastic Cup/Container for water
12) Old T-Shirt or Apron
13) Glue Stick
15) OPTIONAL MATERIALS: Soft/Chalk Pastels, Oil Pastels
It is recommended that any paints be stored in a rigid tupperware container to prevent accidents. Labelling materials with student initials/class etc helps to prevent theft and will help to return found items if something is lost. The students will be told every week what they need to bring in so that they do not need to carry everything with them each time.
Please Note: Due to the practical nature of the lesson and it’s frequency being one double period per week, in the event of missed lessons (due to holidays/illness etc.) students will be given time to finish work at home and a project may be altered by the teacher in favor of a more important exercise that needs to be covered. Any possible extra time in a Term will allow for completion of work that may be needed or an opportunity for additional creative exercises.
Due to current safety restrictions students must bring the appropriate materials for each lesson so as to not miss valuable working time, They will NOT BE ALLOWED to share or be given any materials by the teacher.
Week One, (One Lesson): Overview of Materials List, Introduction to Project One.
Project One, (Two Lessons): Visualisation exercise- Identifying and translating emotions into a visual piece of work in pencil, ink, pastels.
Project Two, (Two Lessons): Introduction to Shading in pencil, learning and practicing tonal range and texture.
Project Three, (Two to Three Lessons): Pencil shading knowledge application and practice. Preparation for realism, copying from handout.
Project Four, (Three Lessons): Designing and creating a Mandala in pencil, colour and ink.
Project One, (Two Lessons): Introduction to and practice of creating seamless blends and gradients in Acrylic paint.
Project Two, (Three Lessons): Illustration- Designing a book cover from front to back in pencil, colour and ink.
Project Three, (Two Lessons): Introduction to and practice in creating a range of skin tones in Acrylic paint.
Project Four, (Four to Five Lessons): Full painting in Acrylic- Choosing an artist’s technique (from a given list) and applying it to create an original painting.
Project One, ( Six to Seven Lessons): One Point Perspective, Two Point Perspective and Three Point Perspective- Each technique will be individually introduced and practiced. The students will then choose one of their three drawings to be fully completed in colour and ink.
Project Two, (Two Lessons): Introduction to Human Anatomy/Proportions- Observation and copying of basic figures from a handout.
Project Three, (Two to Three Lessons): Character Design- A mythical creature in pencil, colour, ink or paint.